LOST YOUR DOG
IN OR NEAR CLEVELAND?
Here are some helpful tips to reunite you with your pet.
1. Post signs of your pet on your street & local businesses. The posted signs should be in bold, readable letters.
Be sure to include: Description of your pet (size, color, sex, markings, etc); Picture; Phone number or e-mail; Reward, if found.
2. Check with neighbors and walk through your
3. Contact Animal Control for Cleveland & Cuyahoga County:
• Visit the shelters at least three times a week for several months to increase your chances of finding your pet.
*important: no one knows your pet like you do, visiting the shelter in person will guarantee your dog does not get euthanized or put up for adoption.
4. Call to report missing with these details:
Time & place lost, breed, color, sex, size, age, & any type of identification.
City of Cleveland Kennel
2690 W. 7th St, Cleveland 44113
Visiting hours: Mon-Sat 10:00am to 3:00pm
*found dogs are posted weekly online here:
Cuyahoga County Kennel
9500 Sweet Valley Drive, Cleveland, OH 44125
Visiting hours: Tues – Sat 10:30am-4:30pm
5. Post a notice on and check the lost / found web sites:
City of Cleveland Lost & Found
*all found strays at City Kennel pound are posted online weekly
Craigslist.org (lost and found)
Other Places to look:
• Animal Protective League 216-771-4616
• Check the “Found” ads and place a “Lost” ad in The Plain
Dealer, 216-999-5555. Also check the lost and found section of your local newspapers.
• Call all animal wardens and agencies of all surrounding suburbs. Give time & place lost, breed, color, sex, size, age, & any type of identification.